About Pregnancy Massage
Pregnancy is a magical time in a woman's life, however, we also know it can be a stressful and uncomfortable time for some. Pregnancy is very demanding on the mothers body, putting strain and pressure on the joints, ligaments and organs which in turn can cause some pain or discomfort. This is where massage comes in as it can alleviate these symptoms.
Some of the concerns massage can relieve are:
- Muscle tension
- Muscle Spasms
- Muscle cramping
- Sciatic pain
- Back/neck/shoulder discomfort from changes in hormones and posture
Massage during pregnancy can also help to improve:
- Quality of sleep
- Reduce headaches
- Relieve heartburn
- Balance mood swings and help with depression
- Reduce stress hormones
- Studies show that women who receive regular massages have fewer complications during their pregnancy and labour and that their babies are more settled and content, suffering fewer baby ailments.
- Massage during pregnancy can make the mother more aware of her body and with the increased ability to relax during the first stages of labour it can result in shorter, easier and less painful births and a lower ratio of postnatal complications!
- Plus it's not just the mother who feels better, research shows the baby can benefit from massage too as endorphins (the feel good chemical) are released by the mother during massage which are passed on to the baby.
Anyway, who doesn't love to spoil themselves!
As a specialist skilled therapist I can help you to find a safe and comfortable position during your massage, giving you the confidence to relax and enjoy your pamper.
If you have any queries or concerns about your pregnancy massage please don't hesitate to contact me!